Donate To The People Affected By Hurricane Harvey
Where can I donate to Hurricane Harvey victims?
As all of you probably know, Hurricane Harvey slammed into Texas this week and stalled which led to catastrophic damage and flooding. The cities affected are Corpus Christi, Victoria, Houston, Aransas Pass, Ingleside, Rockport and many other towns along the cost.
Some of you probably know that I am from Houston and it breaks my heart to see this happening in a city that I was born and raised in. My husband is from the small town of Ingleside, TX and his family literally fled for their lives late last week. They traveled back this morning to see what was left of their home, and we have many other friends and family here in Houston who have lost everything due to the catastrophic flooding.
This is a list of some of the ligitimate donation funds that have been started to help these people. My home, thankfully, did not flood, and NONE of these donations go to me personalally. These donations are for the people who don’t have a home to go back to, who don’t have a job to go back to, who don’t have a place for their children to sleep. People who despirately NEED help from others to get their lives back.
This Hurricane has displaced THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of people who come from every race, ethnicity, gender, political view imaginable, and they need help. This is not a time to be pointing fingers, but to come together and help based solely on the fact that these are HUMAN beings and they need donations to get them back to some sort of normal.
The aftermath of the storm will affect people all over this country emotionally and finaincially, so we all need to come together now.
Here is a list of place you can donate: (please let me know if there are any I need to add and I will look into them)
- The Red Cross
- Heart to Heart International
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund via Global Giving
- Team Rubicon
- All Hands
- SPB USA
- The Salvation Army
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund (set up by Houston’s Mayor)
- YouCaring has a fund-raising page set up by J. J. Watt of the Houston Texans.
- Galveston County Food Bank
- The Food Bank of Corpus Christi
- The Houston Food Bank
- Food Bank of the Golden Crescent (Victoria)
- Southeast Texas Food Bank (Beaumont)
- Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley (Pharr)
- Brazos Valley Food Bank (Bryan)
- Central Texas Food Bank (Austin)
- San Antonio Food Bank
- Texas Diaper Bank
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Portlight, providing relief for people with disabilities
- Covenant House, sheltering homeless youth
- Houston Humane Society
- San Antonio Humane Society
- Austin Pets Alive!
- The SPCA in Texas is taking in pets from animal shelters, and takes donations online
Make sure to ALWAYS check the charity you are donating to. You don’t want your money going to criminals who are just trying to scam money out of people. Remember! You should never donate over the phone, email or unknown social media pages, as these are easier for scammers to target. Here are some sites you can double check before donating:
Thank you so much. We will be forever grateful for your generosity and compassion.
Please let me know of any typos.